Rampant Lion (Victorville, CA)

A list of all LEGAL SoCal airsoft fields.
SoCal Airsoft
â„¢
â„¢

Rampant Lion (Victorville, CA)

Post by SoCal Airsoft » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:20 pm

The Management wrote:[weather]Barstow,CA,92311[/weather]
Oberst wrote:Where? In the High Desert North of Victorville.

When: Currently we are not open every weekend, however watch the pickup game forum and the Ops forum for our events.

We are located in the desert just north of Victorville, on Privately owned land, with permission to use adjacent SBC land for larger events.

The property is not incorporated and therefore has no address, the wonderful thing is that there are no neighbors, no businesses, no private roads to worry about. The bad news is that really, you need a vehicle with high ground clearance to reach the field. Low rider cars will not make it.

Directions: Available on a request basis.

Price: the same as I have always done, 15 bucks for normal pickup game events, higher for Op events based on what's involved, one day, or Weekend, etc... Anyone who knows me knows the drill here :) At this time however, we will only have drinks and water on hand for sure, we hope to provide Hotdogs as well, Just have to get the cooking stuff out there.

There is currently No restroom facilities, no water or Electricity at the site! So...

Be sure to have all Batteries charged! We will sometimes have a generator on site, but not all the time!

Rules...

Cheating is dealt with harshly! One warning, the second time your caught... BANNED!

BIO-BB's ONLY! Why? We want to keep the desert looking good and SBC likes the idea!

FPS AEG's 400 fps (410 fps is the extreme limit for full auto use) w/.20

Sniper, bolt action single shot... 550FPS w/.20

Things you WILL NEED to play here!

Combat boots, at least 6" high, preferably 7 or 8 inch high. (Why? to protect your ankles.)

Knee pads! The ground is rocky, knee pads will not only protect your knees and your uniform, but will actually make kneeling or crawling more comfortable.

Red rags will now be required items!! If you dont have one, we will sell you one, cost will be 1 dollar. (We use to give these out free, or loan them out free. But we would run out eventually as folks forgot to return them at the end of a day.)
Last edited by Oberst on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TommyGun

Re: Rampant Lion field opening for business

Post by TommyGun » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Looking forward to attending this field, Lenix was great.
I am My Brothers Keeper.

Nades

Post by Nades » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:36 pm

I am definately looking forward to this field...by chance, are there any pics of the field yet?
Chief Communications Officer

Oberst

Post by Oberst » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:05 pm

This is only part of the field, I really have to get out there with the vid camera and get some stuff for the Op we have planned.

Pictures courtesy of Ironbar's Wife!!!

Parts of the western ridgeline I like to call "Last Stand Hill" since it reminds me of the Hill Custer died on at the little big horn....
This one shows the small block bunker we are trying out. Believe it or not there are 50 bricks there, at 83 cents a brick. Im buying another 4X the amount for the actual structure I want to build there. This is higher up the ridgeline of Last Stand Hill.

The lower defences of the Eastern ridge, looking west...
The eastern Ridge...
Green attacker advancing on my position, he died shortly after this pic was taken :) (He should have used the ridge and stayed low, crawling to a spot where he could put some fire down. I would not have seen him then)

Looking Northeastward, showing the gully between the ridges.
Another view of the gully...

Alot of work still to do, and we still plan on a backhoe for trenching!!! But this field has far more potential then Lenix, and you are actually only seeing a small part of the ground we have to work with.

Oberst

Post by Oberst » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:39 am

Latest Pics.

Here are some of our latest pictures on the work being done. Images may be a little grainy, or unclear due to being captured from video I took today!

The bunker has been moved and is being rebuilt at it's permanent place now.....

Where the bunker use to be, we are building a new defense position, there will be three more V shaped walls built forming a square facing in all ways, with gaps for entering and exiting in any direction. The pallets are stacked there for later use.

The next hill behind us offers some nice natural cover. Think the Crags of Tumbledown Mountain here, where the Scot's Guards fought a desperate night action, taking the hill and ending the Falkland's war in 1982.

The Valley to the east....

Oberst

Post by Oberst » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:10 pm

UPDATE: Rampant Lion Field has some HEAVY artillery for some game scenarios...

From what I have been told, this thing can fling Rockets quite a ways out!

The Guns of the Rats Den, AKA Guns of Navarone

TommyGun

Post by TommyGun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:33 pm

OOH NOOO!! Serious fire power. Will that weapon be there on the 30th?
I am My Brothers Keeper.

Oberst

Post by Oberst » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Quite possibly, it will be America First's secret weapon ;) One of the things the Chinese want out of their territory!!!!

Oberst

Post by Oberst » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:26 pm

Latest pictures of the ongoing work!
The new bunker, pretty much complete, we still need to dig the interior deeper for standing headroom, but trench started and sandbags laid to cover the back. Yes, this is made from cinderblocks. As work continues this place will become part of a trench system with several Bunkers in place.

Another position we have built which has been aptly named "Stonehenge" It still needs painting and a bit of trimming up! While it looks a bit odd, it is very solid, all posts sunk into the ground.

92_Chuki_S13

Post by 92_Chuki_S13 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:50 pm

This field is awesome, and its still in the making! Its very mountainous, so Good 8" combat boots are a must. Those 6" hiking boots are a little iffy, it's better to be safe and use full 8" boots. I can see this field being even better in the future.
My rifle is just going through a special time in it's life when it notices that it's body is going through some... changes